Another great year has passed.
This year has been a memorable one for me from so many angles, professional and private.
In this short post, I \m going to try a recap of the most important digital marketing news of the year, as usual split into sections:
- The big list of 2019 Google search algorithm updates (Search Engine Land, 18th December 2019) – A great post to start off with. Search Engine Land recaps all the Google search algorithm updates of the year. This include core updates, official and unofficial. It also includes a mention to BERT, an open source technique for understanding natural language.
- The 11 Biggest Google Ads Updates of 2019 (B2C, 14th December 2019) – The most important Google Ads updates for 2019.
- Eight Year-Old Ryan Kaji Leads YouTube’s Top Earners for 2019 (Social Media Today, 19th December 2019) – Video content has been on an amazingly positive trend for years now. If you are curious about how much you can make on platforms like Youtube, take a look at this list.
- Instagram Year in Review: 2019 at a Glance (Later Blog, 28th November 2019) – Another great article, this time about the year from an Instagram perspective. You will discover some of the most liked posts, followed accounts but also some of the major Instagram updates.
- TikTok’s First Year in Review… (Adage, 9th December 2019) – We couldn’t avoid mentioning TikTok, a platform that has been growing exponentially and is taking the internet by storm. In this short article you will find a video compilation of what TikTok has been about in 2019.
- The 10 Most Important Features Facebook Rolled Out in 2019 (Adweek, 18th December 2019) – Facebook keeps releasing regular updates. These are arguably the most important ones for 2019 (you need to register for free to read the full article).
- The 2019 WordPress Year in Review (Speckyboy, 15th December 2019) – From Gutenberg turning one to WordPress 5.3 ‘Kirk’, catch up with all things WordPress for 2019.
I hope you liked it. I will be on holidays starting from Friday, Dec 20th.
I take the opportunity to thank all of you who took the time to read my articles and I wish you all a Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year!