An Introduction to YouTube Shorts – In this article you will read a short introduction to YouTube Shorts, from many considered Youtube’s answer to TikTok.
If you need help with your Youtube channel, make sure you check our Social Media monthly plans.
What is YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts is a new 15-second video format for people who want to create bite-sized videos with their mobile phones.
It is based on three main areas:
- Create – New tools are going to be implemented like multi-segment cameras, speed controls, timer and countdown
- Get Discovered
- Watch – A new watch experience is currently in the making allowing users to swipe vertically from video to video (eg similarly to TikTok)
When Was the First YouTube Shorts Video Posted?
The first YouTube Shorts video was arguably the very first video posted on the social network, dating back to 2005.
Is YouTube Shorts Available in My Country?
YouTube Shorts is currently available in beta-testing only in India.
How to Post a YouTube Shorts Video on iOS or Android?
To start creating short videos on iOS:
- Launch the YouTube app and hit the + icon (or the video camera icon on iOS)
- Select Video
- If you see the Create a Short Video link then you have access to Shorts and you can start creating your video
- If you don’t see the link, you can still upload up to 60 seconds vertical videos by using the hashtag #Shorts in either title or description
Note: For users on Android and located in India, you’ll see the “Create” icon has moved to the middle of the bottom navigation bar to make it easier for you to create videos right from the YouTube app.
For more detailed instructions, you can check Google’s support article on the topic.