I know, I know, I missed last week…
but as I wrote in my previous post, I had a fairly good reason: I got married last Friday!
I am now back in action with the usual online marketing weekly roundup. Hope you like it!
SEO & SEM
- Google: Ignore Link Spam Ransom Attempts (Search Engine Roundtable, 15th October 2019) – I recently received an email threatening to link a number of dodgy websites to my domain. Needless to say, I ignored it. Google now confirms you can do that too.
- Shopify SEO: The Guide to Optimizing Shopify (Moz, 15th October 2019) – Shopify is widely-used for building ecommerce websites worldwide. Whether I like it or not it’s a different story. In this guide from the guys at Moz, you will get an understanding on how to do proper SEO on the platform.
- Constant Contact launches new integrated tools designed to connect SMBs with customers (Marketing Land, 17th October 2019) – I am a Mailchimp user myself but this news caught my attention. I haven’t tested any of the new tools in the article but this seems a massive step that could give Constant Contact a major push. I am always in favour of all-in-one solutions.
- Social media ad spend to surpass print for first time (Marketing Land, 14th October 2019) – According to Zenith’s forecast, social media ad spend will grow 20% and will account for 13% of global ad spend this year.
- Facebook’s 2019 Holiday Marketing Guide is Full of Useful Shopping Insights (Search Engine Journal, 15th October 2019) – This was mentioned by different sources. There’s a bunch of stats that can help you better understand shoppers’ behaviour.
- LinkedIn Launches Its Own Events Feature (WeRSM, 17th October 2019) – LinkedIn has launched its own event feature that will allow you to organise professional events. It makes sense for the social network to have this. Will they take traffic away from Eventbrite?
- Create And Share Giphy-Powered Microgames (WeRSM, 16th October 2019) – Useful for those brands or anybody really that wants to create more engaging content.
- TikTok Analytics: What Marketers Need to Know (Social Media Examiner, 15th October 2019) – I have been keeping a close eye on TikTok and its exponential growth. The Analytics feature addresses some of the concerns from brands and marketers that are still a bit cautious when it comes to investing in this new platform.
WordPress & Web Design
- Web Design Trends to Look For in 2020 (Line25, 17th October 2019) – Curious about what’s coming? No, mobile-first is not going away.
- 18 Best Gym Websites Design Inspiration 2019 (Colorlib, 15th October 2019) – Looking to revamp your old gym website? The guys at Colorlib never disappoint with their lists.
Received & Published
- How to Conquer Google PageSpeed Insights with 100% Score (Passive Grow, N/A) – I have just received this article today. From a quick look there are some nice tips on how to optimise your website for speed.
- How Artificial Intelligence is Impacting Digital Marketing (Radon Media, 25th September 2019) – Very nice article on how AI is impacting digital marketing.
- 27 Mind-Blowing Statistics about Google (BroadbandSearch, N/A) – Some very interesting numbers to know a bit more about Google.
That’s it, folks. I hope you liked our online marketing weekly roundup.
As usual, please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have an article that you would like us to feature in our weekly roundups, please send a message through our contact form.
If it’s suitable, we will post it for free. All we ask is that you share our weekly roundup on your social media channels.
Finally, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter or follow us on social media (links in footer).
Have a great weekend!