Hi guys, I hope your week has been going well!
Here’s the usual online marketing weekly roundup.
I am still playing a bit of catch up with work left behind from my recent holiday to Italy.
The cold I caught didn’t help with the task but we are getting close to be back on track!
I am going to make a few, gradual changes to the roundup. Hope you like it!
Quote of the Week
Every person in your organization needs to wear a button. And they can choose one of two. The choice is up to them, but they have to own it. One button says, “I don’t care.” The other button says, “I’d like to help.” (Seth Godin’s Blog, 24th October 2019)
If you are interested in Search
- Google Applies New BERT Model to Search Rankings, Affecting 1-in-10 Queries (Search Engine Journal, 25th October 2019) – The BERT model is about interpreting the meaning of a word by looking at the words that come before and after. For the time being, this change will affect 1 in 10 queries in English in the US. Potential: biggest step forward in search of the last five years?
- ROI of improving online reviews: +0.1 stars can boost conversion 25% (Search Engine Watch, 24th October 2019) – Nowadays everyone is focused on Facebook reviews. If you are a hotel or restaurant, you are also focused on reviews on Tripadvisor. What you should be focusing on is Google reviews instead.
If you are curious about Social Media
- 8 Ways That Brands Can Utilize TikTok in Their Marketing (Social Media Today, 25th October 2019) – We can’t help but keep posting stuff about TikTok.
- How to Become a TikTok Pro: Analytics Marketers Need to Know (Social Media Week, 23rd October 2019) – And again…
If it’s WordPress you want to know about
- How to Setup a Free Support Ticketing System With WordPress (WPMU Dev Blog, 24th October 2019) – I am considering to add a ticketing system in the next few months. This article got me thinking…
The most interesting article we received
- Google Algorithm Update: September 2019 (Did your Rankings/Traffic Drop?) (Waobe, 5th October 2019) – A number of people, including us, wrote about some of the recent Google search algorithm updates. This article adds some interesting details on the subject.
That’s it folks, short and sweet!
As usual, feel free to leave your feedback in the comments below.
If you have an article you want to send, drop us an email via our contact form on the right hand side.
Most importantly don’t forget to sign up for our free newsletter!