Hi guys, I hope your week has been going well! Here's the usual online marketing…
This week the online marketing weekly roundup goes out on a Saturday!
The week has been very busy and I missed the usual Friday schedule.
On the other hand, I keep receiving very interesting articles from the online marketing community.
Thanks for that, and much appreciated!
Let’s have a look now at what happened this past week in the online marketing world:
SEO & SEM
- One Tool for Improving Image SEO for the Future (Search Engine Journal, 1st October 2019) – Arguably my top pick from the week. This free tool (up to 20 GB) will store, optimize (compress and resize) and deliver your images among other things. There’s a nifty plugin for integration with your WordPress website. I have just installed and I’ll make sure to keep you posted on how it goes (so far I noticed an improvement of one percentage point in the Gtmetrix score for my website.
- Big Survey: 14 Link Building Strategies Professionals Choose in 2019 (SEMrush, 4th October 2019) – Curious about the most used link-building strategies among professionals? SEMrush delivers another great, inspiring article on the topic.
- How we’re helping small businesses succeed (Google Blog, 3rd October 2019) – Definitely worth-checking not only because it comes from Google. This article is full of interesting data about the SMEs world and its latest search trends. Recommended if you are a small business or you work with SMEs.
- Instagram Chief Adam Mosseri Provides an Overview of His Vision for the Platform (Social Media Today, 2nd October 2019) – If you are curious about where Instagram might be heading in the near future, then this article is for you.
- 12 Techniques to Reduce Your Facebook Ad Spend (Social Media Examiner, 2nd October 2019) – I have added this to my Social Media board on Feedly. Enough said?
- How to Use Instagram’s New App for Close Friends: “Threads” (Later, 3rd October 2019) – Instagram just launched a new messaging app for Close Friends called Threads. In this article, the guys at Later give you an overview on how to use it.
- 5 Conversion Tips to Add to Your Social Media Strategy (Social Media Week, 5th October 2019) – Another article that I have added to my Social Media board on Feedly. Some really useful tips that I am going to apply right away.
WordPress & Web Design
- Top 20 Travel WordPress Themes to Build a Travel Activity Site (Colorlib, 1st October 2019) – The first of a list of lists from Colorlib is for travel-related websites. If you are looking to build one, there’s plenty of inspiration in this article. Once you are at it, you can also check the web design project we just launched for the Howth Tourism Board.
- 15 Beautiful Yoga Website Templates & WordPress Themes (Line25, 4th October 2019) – If yoga is your line of business and you want to revamp your old website or build a new one, here you’ll find plenty of examples to inspire you. At Increasily, we are also working on the redesign of a similar website for a client.
- Best Medicine and Pharmacy WordPress Themes to Attract New Patients to Your Site (Colorlib, 4th October 2019) – If you are in healthcare and you are thinking about a new website, here you’ll find 25 examples to inspire you. Again, make sure you check our website design project for a GP clinic.
- The Best WordPress Themes for Filmmakers to Promote Yourself (Colorlib, 4th October 2019) – If you are a filmaker, videographer or photographer looking to build a new website, you want to check this out. Also check our web design project for a local videographer.
- 20+ Most Viral Instagram WordPress Themes to Build a Huge Following (Colorlib, 4th October 2019) – If you are looking for an Instagram-like visual impact for your website, make sure you check out this list of Instagram0inspired themes.
- 7 Best Podcast Hosting for 2019 Compared (Most are Free) (WP Beginner, 4th October 2019) – Another great article from the guys at WP Beginner. If you are into podcasting, you’ll find this blog post very helpful.
- What Is The Best eCommerce Platform For Your Business? (Hosting. Review, 1st October 2019) – If WordPress is not your thing but you want to launch an ecommerce website, you still have plenty of choice. In this article the guys at Hosting. Review go through reviewing some of the options available out there.
Received & Published
- How To Safely Update Your WordPress Site (Ultimate Guide) (BlogVault, Jul 8th 2019) – It’s not uncommon to run into issues when updating WordPress. In this article, the guys at BlogVault provide a great guide on how safely update your WordPress website.
- 50+ Best Responsive WordPress Themes to Create a Mobile-Ready Site (isitWP, 25th September 2019) – Nowadays a responsive website is not even an option. If you are looking for some slick solutions for your responsive WordPress websites, you will find 50+ examples in this list.
That’s it, folks! Lots going on this past week.
I am going to enjoy my Saturday and weekend and I hope you’ll do the same.
I am going to try and keep this roundup up and running punctually but don’t blame me if I will be running late again next week: I am getting married!