Hi guys, I hope your week has been going well! Here's the usual online marketing…
Hello there! I hope you’ve had a productive week!
Lots to do from now until the holiday season kicks in.
For the moment, I am sharing the usual online marketing weekly roundup, with a selection of what are to me the best articles from this week.
I hope you like it!
SEO & SEM
- 7 Surprisingly Effective Pop-up Advertising Strategies (Wordstream, 24th September 2019) – I have never liked popups. As a matter of fact, there is none on our website. Having said that, they work. If you want to up your popup game, here’s an excellent article for you.
- Google Search News: coming soon to a screen near you (Google Webmaster Central Blog, 27th September 2019) – To keep marketers up to date on Google Search, Google itself is launching a video news report. By the way, today Google turns 21.
- Using topic clusters to increase SEO rankings in practical (Search Engine Watch, 26th September 2019) – Personally I found this article extremely helpful. Read it if you are wondering how to improve SEO rankings by way of internal linking.
- Google September 2019 Core Update Is Live But Seems Slow To Roll Out (Search Engine Roundtable, 26th September 2019) – Arguably the second most interesting news of the week. An official core update from Google called Google September 2019 Core Update. What to do? Check your rankings! Our website rankings seem quite stable so far.
- Google Lets Site Owners Customize Their Search Results Snippets (Search Engine Journal, 25th September 2019) – This is geared more towards the advanced user. If you like, you can customise what your search results snippets look like by following these guidelines from Google.
- 16 Quick SEO Tips to Improve Your Search Engine Rankings in Just 20 Days [Infographic] (Social Media Today, 23rd September 2019) – I am always suspicious of quick ways to achieve something but this post got my curiosity and it’s a pretty good post!
- Facebook to Officially Start Hiding Like Counts on Posts (Search Engine Journal, 26th September 2019) – Probably one of the (two) most important news from this week. Facebook is rolling out a test on hiding posts likes in Australia. This follows the current tests being carried out on Instagram in six countries including Ireland. Is this the end of the like era?
- Advertising to the Next Generation: A Marketer’s Strategy Guide to TikTok (Social Media Week, 25th September 2019) – TikTok is a very interesting beast. If you are a marketer, you should go for it in the first place. In this article you will also find a guide for your strategy.
- How to Set Up Instagram Shopping [List] (Social Media Today, 24th September 2019) – This is a helpful tutorial checklist on how to set up Instagram shopping and start tagging your products on Instagram posts.
WordPress & Web Design
- 15 Best Real Estate WordPress Themes for Realtors to Try in 2019 (Noupe, 26th September 2019) – If you are a real estate agency looking to revamp your website, here’s a nice list of themes for inspiration. I recommend you also check our real estate agency web design project.
- How to Transfer From Wix to WordPress (All Your Content) (Theme Isle, 25th September 2019) – For all the Wix users out there who are thinking about a move to WordPress, here’s your chance to learn more!
- How Much Do Ecommerce Websites Cost in 2019? (Real Numbers) (WP Beginner, 25th September 2019) – For all those who are afraid of being overcharged, this article will give you an idea of costs for developing an ecommerce website.
- Beginner’s Guide to WordPress Database Management with phpMyAdmin (WP Beginner, 24th September 2019) – Another great article from the guys at WP Beginner. If you are struggling with understanding the ins and outs of database management, this article would be a great place to start from!
- 13 Templates To Help You Streamline Your Web Design Business (Offsprout, 24th September 2019) – This post shows 13 different examples of business templates for running a more streamlined web design business. It covers everything from invoicing templates to intake questionnaires to client contracts, proposals, and project management.
That’s it, folks! I hope you like our online marketing weekly roundup.
As usual, feel free to comment below, send any interesting article that you would like us to add to our online marketing weekly roundup and don’t forget to sign up for our free newsletter!
Have a great weekend!