[UPDATE 01/08/2019] Some SEO tools show a relatively higher level of volatility in the SERP.…
Hey, I hope you are having a great week!
I am back at writing the Digital Marketing weekly roundup. This week is a special one!
It’all focused on the recent Google Search algorithm core update.
You will find some interesting articles, including our own, which will hopefully help you make sense of the recent update.
If you still have doubts, please shoot us an email or get in touch through the contact form.
The first signs of the January 2020 update were flagged by the guys at Search Engine Journal on January 13th. This would follow a tweet by Danny Sullivan, Google’s public liaison for search on a core update being rolled out imminently.
The impact of the core update was measured on a number of tools. The guys at Search Enging Roundtable give a recap on their article.
As you can see from the chart below, the volatility (= spikes / drops in web page rankings) is extremely high on January 14th, the following day after the announcement of the roll out.
What to do?
There are a number of great articles about how to check and what to do if your website has been affected by the Google Search algorithm core update.
One great article about what to do after a Google update is this one by Cognitive SEO.
We wrote one last year about one of Google’s unofficial updates.
Additional resources you might find useful are:
- THE ULTIMATE GOOGLE ALGORITHM UPDATES GUIDE 2019 – FROM DAY ZERO IN 18,000 WORDS (MediaSkyscraper, 4th December 2019)
- Google Updates & Algorithm Change History (The Hoth, N/A)
- Google Algorithm Update: September 2019 (Did your Rankings/Traffic Drop?) (Waobe, 9th October 2019)
- The Ultimate Google Algorithm Cheat Sheet (Neil Patel, N/A)
- The Ultimate Timeline of Google Search Algorithm Updates (Hubspot, 22nd August 2019)
I hope you find this article useful. Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments.
If you have an article that you think it’s relevant, we will be happy to add it to this roundup.
For now, thanks so much for your time and have a great weekend!