Hey folks, how has the week been treating you so far?
In this blog post you can find the latest articles, news, tutorials, etc from the digital marketing world.
This post covers the week 13-19 July 2019. Happy reading!
SEO & SEM
- Potential Google search engine algorithm update (Increasily, 16th July 2019) – Google didn’t confirm but a number of websites experienced huge fluctuations in their rankings.
- How to set up Google Analytics annotations to show Google updates (Search Engine Watch, 18th July 2019) – The allegedly recent Google update is causing some havoc in the SEO and webmaster community. Here’s a simple how-to teaching you how to make a note of the update in Google Analytics
- DuckDuckGo Now Handles 40 Million Searches a Day (Search Engine Journal, 17th July 2019) – By all means Google is the most dominant search engine on the planet but it’s not the only one. If you are concerned about your privacy, you might want to check DuckDuckGo
- Local SEOs say Google My Business suspension issues not fixed (Search Engine Roundtable, 17th July 2019) – Following the flagging of Google My Business listings being suspended, Google confirmed the issue was fixed. However, many users are still experiencing it.
- Instagram to start hiding likes in six more countries (including Ireland) (Increasily, 18th July 2019) – After the experiment in Canada, Instagram is now rolling it out in six more countries including Brazil and Ireland
- What happens on the internet every minute (2019 version) (Social Media Today, 16th July 2019) – Nice infographic about what happens in social media every minute
- Critical vulnerability strikes WordPress Ad Inserter plugin (Search Engine Journal, 16th July 2019) – Ad Inserter is a popular ad management plugin for WordPress. This week users found a vulnerability allowing a subscriber to execute code on the website.
Hope you like it, folks. Please feel free to flag in the comments below any other article worth reading. Most importantly, have a great weekend!