Hey, I hope you have had an amazing week! We are starting today a weekly…
How are you, folks? I hope your week wasn’t so bad!
Welcome again to our week;y roundup with the most interesting news from the digital marketing world.
I hope you like it!
SEO & SEM
- Potential Google search engine algorithm update [UPDATED 24th July 2019] (Increasily, 16th July 2019) – This post got us a lot of traction as it was supposed to be. There are a lot of business owners concerned about this update. We updated the post several times to reflect the latest news and developments on the topic.
- Google Makes it Easier to Visit Web Pages from Image Search Results (Search Engine Journal, 25th July 2019) – Google makes it now easier than ever to access a website directly from its image search results. This article shows how. You will need to use Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) though.
- ‘Get a Quote’ button added to Google business local knowledge panels (Search Engine Land, 24th July 2019) – By default Google will now add a ‘Request a Quote’ button to the knowledge graph for certain Google My Business listings. You will need to enable messaging though.
- Facebook Usage Down, Snapchat and New Channels Up (Increasily, 25th July 2019) – Latest stats report a negative trend in user engagement on Facebook, while Instagram and other platforms like TikTok keep growing. In this article we take a look at what this means for your business
- Facebook to Change Mobile Newsfeed Ads and Posts (Increasily, 22nd July 2019) – Make a note of this change in Facebook ad and posts on mobile if you want to keep your ad performance strong.
- How to Get Discovered on Instagram Search: 8 Tips for Growing Your Following (Later, 25th July 2019) – I haven’t had the chance to read this article properly yet but I have saved it to my Feedly social media board as it has a lot of useful tips.
- LinkedIn Now Let’s Freelancers And SMBs List Their Services On Their Profile (WeRSM, 25th July 2019) – For now it affects only premium users in the US but it will be soon extended to all US LinkedIn users. Presumably it won’t take long before this is rolled out globally. Take notice if you are a small business or freelancer.
- The History of Social Media [Infographic] (Social Media Today, 23rd July 2019) – Great infographic rolling back the years to the early days of social media.
- WP Super Cache 1.6.9 Patches Security Issue (WP Tavern, 25th July 2019) – There seems to be a not-yet-clarified security issue with WP Super Cache, one of the most popular caching plugins for WordPress (we use it on this website). Users are invited to update as soon as possible.
- 23 Best Elementor Themes and Templates (2019) (WP Beginner, 21st July 2019) – Elementor is a widely used page builder for WordPress. In this article, the guys at WP Beginner list 23 among the best themes and templates.
That’s it for this week, folks! Frankly, this time I couldn’t wait for the end of the week as I have been feeling a bit under the weather.
If I forgot something worth-mentioning, please feel free to add a comment below.
For now, I hope you have a great weekend!