Hey folks, another week went by! Grim weather here in Dublin but hey it’s almost the weekend.
I hope you’ve had a productive week so far, whatever your industry. As usual, I am listing below some of the most interesting articles from the week.
I am also pleased as I am getting a number of requests from other agencies / freelancers about promoting their articles, which I am happy to do it.
Enough introduction for now. Here’s my top picks for the week:
- Shopping in 2019: Online and In-Store Retail Trends (MarketingProfs, 15th August 2019) – Interesting read about the latest shopping trends.
SEO & SEM
- Goodbye, Average Position: Everything You Need to Know (Wordstream, 16th August 2019) – Earlier this year Google announced the average position metric was in Google Ads was going to be deprecated and replaced by four new metrics that better represents the current SERPs. This is happening now.
- 33% of People Are Now Using Voice Assistants Regularly (Search Engine Journal, 16th August 2019) – In case you were thinking voice search was going away. By the way, as of yesterday all our post will be available in audio format thanks to the guys at WebVoice.
- Link-Building Outreach Strategies That Actually Work: A Case Study (Offsprout, 15th August 2019) – Really nice and useful article, backed up by a case study, about some effective outreach strategies for your link-building campaigns.
- Back-to-School Social Media Tips [UPDATED 14/08/2019] (Increasily, 12th August 2019) – Our article with some expert tips about the current back-to-school shopping window.
- Facebook Rolls Out New Privacy Model for Groups With Only 2 Settings (Search Engine Journal, 16th August 2019) – Worth taking note that Facebook group are going to be either Public or Private from now on.
- TikTok’s Parent Company ByteDance is Launching a Search Engine (Search Engine Journal, 13th August 2019) – We wrote about TikTok in this article. Now its parent company ByteDance is going to launch a search engine. It’s a big deal because ByteDance is currently the most valued startup in the world.
- Facebook’s Will Open Several Pop-Up Cafes in London to Assist Users with Privacy Settings (Social Media Today, 16th August 2019) – This offline initiative is part of a campaign by Facebook to address privacy issues directly.
- The Rise of TikTok: Understanding the Popular New Social Network (Social Media Explorer, 14th August 2019) – Another interesting article about this emerging social media platform.
- WordPress Owner Automattic To Acquire Tumblr From Verizon (WeRSM, 14th August 2019) – Automattic, the company that owns WordPress, is now buying the microblogging platform Tumblr for the alleged sum of $20 million. This is just a tiny fraction of the $1.1 billion paid by Yahoo! for Tumblr’s previous acquisition.
- Interview with Raitis Sevelis, Head of Product at Visual Composer (ManageWP, 15th August 2019) – Great interview with a member of the Visual Composer team (Visual Composer is arguably the most used page builder for WordPress).
- How to Use the SEO Writing Assistant in WordPress to Improve SEO (WP Beginner, 13th August 2019) – Almost missed this one! I haven’t had the time to read it properly but at a first glance this tool looks like a more advanced version of Yoast SEO Analysis.
- People of WordPress: Amanda Rush (WordPress, 9th August 2019) – Great interview directly from the WordPress team.
Received and Published
- Image SEO: the Ultimate Guide (Content King, n/a) – I gladly share this article, which I love by the way. Very useful and descriptive blog post about optimising images for search engines.
That’s it for the week, folks. I hope you like it.
As usual, feel free to share comments in the section below. If you have an article that you would like to see shared on our weekly roundup, feel free to send it via email or by using the contact form on the sidebar.
Lastly, if you like the article please share it on your social media platforms.
OK so now go and enjoy the weekend (well, not yet!).
Featured image by Taras Shypka (Unsplash, n/a) [accessed 16th August 2019]