“Search engines don’t ‘want’ links, but if you have a great site and links point to it, they are going to love you.” – Matt Cutts, Head of Search & Content Marketing, Google. This is the truth about links from Google. As one of the first and most important SEO techniques, backlinks are still the most effective way to gain visibility. While we now understand that there are more ways to improve backlinks (or at least the ones we should be using), many of us still don’t know how to implement them.
This post is about improving your backlinks. It will take you through the most effective backlink-building methods you can use in a short period of time and which require no additional investments. We’ll also go through what it means for you and how to make it happen. Let’s get started!
Use Your Social Media
It’s one thing to use the power of your social media to grow your brand and gain customers. But is it possible to use it to gain backlinks? The answer is YES! By interacting with other brands on social media, you can link to their pages, get them to link to you, or you can even link to theirs to get them to do the same.
As mentioned before, the most successful people on social media are those that can offer their users the best experience. You need to understand how to get your message across, and use different hashtags and handles depending on what your message is. However, you still need to put in the work in terms of quality. People don’t have time to follow you if you only spew out content. But if they see that you’re consistently offering them an experience that they want and value, they’ll follow you.
Use Guest Blog and Network with Other People
Once you have a consistent flow of new content, one of the best ways to build a relationship with other websites and gain backlinks is to guest blog on their pages. There are a lot of different things to consider when guest blogging, but first you need to know what they are. These things include:
- Quality – Are you willing to produce great content that will be shared with others?
- Value – Do you offer a great guest post that offers value to your audience or a valuable service for them?
- Reputation – Are you looking for quality backlinks that will help your page rank? You can always use toxic backlink checker to do the clean up of your link profile;
- Timing – How are you going to post your content and interact with other pages?
- Content – What is the topic of your guest post? Are you going to write about a topic that you’re an expert in?
- Backlinks – How many links are you getting from your guest blog? This is what people are looking for when they’re choosing to link to you.
The best way to improve guest blogging is by creating a few great pieces that will allow you to start a new relationship. Start building your guest post network by looking for guest blogging opportunities that you’ll find on other sites. Then, work with them to become a trusted voice on their page. Make sure to ask them what you can do to help their page rank. This is a great way to use the value you’ve built up, and also gain great backlinks for your pages.
Another great strategy is to network with other pages that are related to your business. You don’t necessarily need to have a great relationship with them, but try to build one as you gain authority over your niche. Try to network with other pages to start building that reputation. You can then start asking if they want to do a guest post for you, and you can work to earn that backlink. As you’re working on gaining backlinks, remember to offer them something unique and valuable that can help them rank.
Create Landing Pages That Convert
Have you ever created a landing page that you’ve promoted to your social media? The goal should be to allow visitors to create an experience that is related to the products and services you provide. In the beginning, it will be quite simple. However, once you start generating a flow of visitors, you need to think about ways that you can improve your conversion rate.
There are three main ways you can do this:
- Make your site easy to navigate – People don’t want to waste their time going through several pages if they’re not finding what they’re looking for. You can accomplish this by having a single page that includes all of the features that your site provides. You can also have links that take them to every page so that they can find exactly what they’re looking for;
- Focus on relevant products and services – If you know what your audience wants, you can provide them with exactly what they need. There is a massive amount of information on the internet, and it’s very difficult to decide what to believe. If you focus on what your target audience wants, then you can create products and services that they’re going to be happy with. This will improve your conversion rate and even bring more customers;
- Make it clear what’s going to happen to them once they reach your site – You need to make sure that you give visitors what they want, but make sure that you aren’t going to make them sign up for something that they don’t want. There is a huge difference between making people want to buy and making them want to sign up.
Make Sure You Have High-Quality Links
It’s no secret that Google has always prioritized links when it comes to ranking. But that doesn’t mean that all links are the same. That’s why you need to find quality links that have a value that your target audience will want to click on. And this is where the backlink checker tool will come in handy. For example, if you’re targeting small business owners, then you might have links that are related to SEO. But if you’re targeting a certain type of SEO, you might have a different set of links to offer. That’s why it is always a good idea to run research before deciding on your backlinking strategy.