Hey folks, how has the week been treating you so far? In this blog post…
Hey, I hope you have had an amazing week!
We are starting today a weekly roundup of all the most interesting news and articles in digital.
We’ll split the resources by SEO & SEM, Social Media, and WordPress.
Without further do, here’s the weekly digital roundup for July 6-12 2019:
SEO & SEM
- Structured Data: Your Path to Increased Visibility (Search Engine Journal, July 8th) – Are you leveraging the power of structured data to increase visibility and traffic for your business? Structured data helps search engines better understand and display your content. By using structured data you will be able to tell Google and other search engines whether your content is a review, video, event, etc and display it accordingly.
- Google Maps Bug With Business Reviews Disappearing (Search Engine Roundtable, July 8th) and Google My Business Listings Getting Suspended After Adding Short Names (Search Engine Journal, July 9th) – Since April you can choose a shortname for your Google My Business (GMB) listings. However, some users have reported issues with accounts being suspended and reviews disappearing.
- Google Maps Launches Place Topics (Available in Ireland & UK Too) (Increasily, July 9th) – If you receive a good number of reviews, chances are you will see this functionality already in place under GMB > Reviews
- 50 Social Media Stats to Help You Choose the Right Platform for Your Business [Infographic] (Social Media Today, July 11th) – Trying to be on every platform is tempting but is it worth it? You need to be where your audience is and this infographic helps you make the decision on where to focus the most
- Facebook Is Bringing Back Reach Estimates For Custom Audiences (WeRSM, July 8th) – Facebook is bringing back this feature, which they had revoked back in March due to privacy concerns
- 7 Social Media Marketing Courses to Bookmark (Social Media Today, July 6th) – From Quickstarters and 101 to Chatbots, you will probably find a social media course for you
- Yoast SEO 11.6: HowTo Schema update and UI changes (Yoast, July 9th) – Yoast, the most popular SEO plugin for WordPress, just released an update worth checking
- How to Create an Online Course with WordPress (the RIGHT WAY) (WPBeginner, July 11th) – For all the professionals out there who want to teach online, here’s a tutorial on how to create an online course with WordPress
- 10 Best WordPress Testimonial Plugins (WP Mayor, July 9th) – Testimonials are an important part of every business. They help build trust. In this article, WP Mayor takes a look at some of the best testimonial plugins for WordPress
Hope you’ll enjoy the reading. If you would like to see some additional categories or for any feedback, please comment below or give us a shot through the contact form on the sidebar or by sending an email to [email protected]
For now, have a great weekend folks!
Header and social media photo by Matthew Guay (Unsplash, 2019)