If you’re a marketer, you may have seen how less fruitful it is to implement traditional marketing. For one, this type of marketing doesn’t enable you to keep up with the developments in the marketplace, which is different from digital communication. Second, the message you can send through traditional marketing is much more narrow than newer forms of communication. And so, what steps must you take to connect your products or services with your prospects successfully?
You can find the answer through social media, particularly Instagram (IG). IG is very suitable for marketing. This platform is still one of the best digital avenues to connect with your audience. It’s an excellent place to start, mainly if you know how to create good IG content that engages people.
Are you wondering what makes an engaging IG content? To find the answers, this article will tackle some ways to achieve that. So read on.
- Engaging Video Content
Video content is the best way to engage your target audience on IG. It’s the most preferred type of content by people regarding brands. Moreover, many users share video content. This means it can be the ideal content for getting your business to other people.
One way to make your IG video content more engaging is to ensure it’s original. Doing this allows you to avoid copying other trending content. Moreover, there’s a big chance that your target audience will watch such content until the end.
Yet, how will you achieve such a goal? To start, some crucial points to consider are:
- Apply effects and transitions, and try to switch visuals to keep your followers engaged.
- Add a call-to-action when the video is about to end.
- Create entertaining videos.
- Add subtitles to the IG videos.
- Highlight and share the benefits of your brand.
That said, you can find the best IG video downloader apps through various sites, such as the one from EarthWeb. The apps found in this link allow you to save engaging IG videos that you can repost later.
- Diversified Instagram Content
There are people within your target audience who consume content distinctly. For instance, some people prefer to read text. While for others, videos are the best content. As such, diversifying your content that will cater to different individuals can help your brand. This allows you to capture the attention of various users.
To start, you should consider the different types of content that you can publish on IG, such as:
- Webinars and online educational events
- Videos and live streaming
- Polls and quizzes
- User-generated content
- Collaborated content
- Curated content
Likewise, some tips for diversifying your IG content are:
- Repurpose your content
- Be original with your information, pictures, and infographics
- Experiment with longer or shorter content
You can consider all the information stated in this subheading so that you know more about how to diversify your content.
Holding a contest to implement product giveaways often engages the audience. In fact, IG accounts that run competitions can grow their number of followers quickly by up to 70%. This differs from those accounts that don’t implement such a content idea. And so, IG contests can be an effective method to catch your audience’s attention that the IG algorithm can’t help but consider.
There are various types of IG contests that you can implement for your business. Two of them are:
- Likes And Comments: One simple way to send giveaways on IG is relatively straightforward. Here, you tell your followers to like and comment on your IG post for them to join the contest. Likewise, you can state your prize and explain the ground rules to allow for more entries. You can ask for comments that show why they should be the contest’s winner and later choose someone to win.
- User-Generated Content: Creating an IG contest that focuses on user-generated content (UGC) is ideal if you want to create content that drives community engagement. Likewise, implementing this type of contest can offer you plenty of unique content you can post on your IG page.
Other types of IG contests that you can hold are trivia contests, challenge contests, and caption contests, among others.
- Engaging Call-To-Actions
One way to encourage people to engage with your content is to guide them on what to do next. As IG users scroll their IG feed, it’s not hard to do things automatically. They notice a post, double-tap, and don’t even become aware of other ways that they can engage with your content. That’s why it’s crucial to encourage them to do what you want them to do through call-to-actions (CTAs).
Some examples of CTAs that drive engagement include:
- Drop an (emoji) below if you agree.
- Are you of the same opinion? Comment No or Yes below.
- What (topic of post) do you like the most? Comment it below.
- Save this post for when you (insert your reasons).
- Let’s begin a conversation in the comments.
- What are your thoughts about (what your post tackles)?
- Are you team X or team Y?
- Give an (emoji) if you like to see similar posts such as this.
- Tag your (coach, mentor, or best friend).
These types of CTAs may not directly result in more leads or sales. Yet, they can significantly build rapport, trust, and relatability with your target audience. Over time, this also increases the chance of someone buying from you once you ask them.
Using social media is a new way to conduct your marketing. There are various social media platforms that you can choose to do this, and IG is one of those. Instagram can be one of the best marketing avenues. Yet, what you need is to create content that engages the target audience.
There are various ways to make your IG content more engaging. You can create original video content. Holding contests that allow you to give away products is also ideal. And you can diversify the types of content you make to cater to different kinds of people. Overall, your business can become people’s go-to destination whenever your IG content is interesting.