Hey, I hope you have had an amazing week! We are starting today a weekly…
Hey guys, I am just back from holidays.
It was great being disconnected for a few days but now back to work and catching up with emails and news.
It seems there has been some amazing content posted in the last seven days, mostly about SEO, Google Ads, and Social Media.
From this week I am also adding a special section for content I received from other digital marketers
SEO & SEM
- Google Officially Launches Gallery Ads in Beta (Search Engine Journal, 7th August 2019) – Big news as Google launches its Gallery Ads in beta. These are swipeable, image ads being displayed at the top of search results.
- An Advanced SEO Guide to Top Rankings on Amazon (Search Engine Journal 5th August 2019) – Amazon is a search engine in itself. Here’s a few, advanced tips for ranking well on Amazon.
- 10 Best Readability Tools to Check Your SEO Content (Search Engine Journal, 6th August 2019) – To rank well on Google, your content needs to be useful (= to serve a purpose) and readable. Here’s a list of great tools for checking the readability of what you write. It includes Yoast, which is the one I use.
- Google Image Search launches new image preview box (Search Engine Land, 6th August 2019) – Google launches a new image preview box when you search for images. What do you think?
- How to Rank Website on Google (Rank Keywords In 2020) (Digital SEO Land, 2nd August 2019) – One of the articles I received this week. This is very much a blog post in the style of Brian Dean from Backlinko, from which it takes a lot of content and inspiration.
- The Small Business Guide to Instagram Ecommerce (Wordstream, 6th August 2019) – If you have ever wondered how to set up Instagram Shopping and tag your products, then this article is definitely something you want to check out.
- 4 Simple Ways to Drive Traffic from Instagram Stories Without the ‘Swipe-Up’ Feature (Social Media Today, 7th August 2019) – Another must-read article tackling the issue of driving traffic to Instagram profiles with less than 10,000 followers.
- How to Use Memes: A Guide for Marketers (Social Media Today, 7th August 2019) – Another article you want to make sure you bookmark or add to your Feedly board. If you are considering using memes for your brand or business, this is a must-read.
- 16 social media updates for marketers in 2019… so far (Marketing Land, 5th August 2019) – If you want a quick roundup of some of the most important social media updates for 2019 so far, then you should read this article.
- Facebook Adds New Slideshow Option to Facebook Stories to Boost Usage (Social Media Today, 8th August 2019) – Interesting move from Facebook, pretty much at the same time Google launched (in beta) its own Gallery Ads.
- Facebook To “Rename” Instagram and WhatsApp (WeRSM, 6th August 2019) – You have probably read it already but Facebook wants to make sure you know they own Instagram and Whatsapp and they are going to put it into the apps’ names.
TikTok Announces Integration With GIPHY (WeRSM, 5th August 2019) – In a previous post we talked about the decline of Facebook and where to look for new social media platforms. TikTok was top of our list with its +500 million active users. It now adds more functionalities with its intragration with GIPHY.
- Pinterest Reaches 300 Million Users, Posts Better Than Expected Profit in Q2 (Social Media Today, 3rd August 2019) – On the same note, it’s worth mentioning how Pinterest has reached 300 million users and increased its profits.
Received & Published
- Image SEO: The Ultimate Step-by-Step-Guide For Ranking In Google Images (SEO Sherpa, 13th July 2019) – An article that was sent to me via email. Not as recent as other blog posts on the lists but I really like the reading, which I found very useful.
- Social Media Statistics 2019 (Zariance Reads, 29th April 2019) – Another article that was sent to me last week. It’s not as recent as the other blog posts on the list but it’s definitely something worth-checking if you are not sure on what social media platform your audience is and you should focus on.
I hope you like it, folks!
As usual, if you have an article you think it’s worth adding to the list please reach out via the contact form on the right hand side or via email.
For now, enjoy the rest of the week!