Page Load Speed stats in 2022 – In this article you will learn about the most recent page load speed stats in 2022.
You will also learn what page load speed is and why it’s important for SEO.
If you need help with improving the page load speed for your website, make sure you check both our SEO agency services.
If you are building a new website, please check our Web Design agency services.
What is Page Load Speed?
Page load speed is the time it takes for a web page to load on a browser. Together with other key metrics such as Google Core Web Vitals, page load speed reflects the overall experience of a user with a web page.
If you are interested in learning more about this topic, make sure you check my article Core Web Vitals and Page Experience FAQs.
Why is Page Load Speed Important for SEO?
Page load speed along with other page experience metrics are a Google ranking factor. This means they can influence your visibility and ranking on Google search results.
What is a Good Page Load Speed?
A good page load speed is two seconds. This benchmark might change depending on device, internet connection and type of website. However, nearly half of internet users expect this performance:
47% of Users expect a maximum of 2 seconds loading time for an average website (source: curatti.com)
How to Measure a Website’s Page Load Speed
There are a number of online tools to measure the page load speed for your website:
Disclaimer: you might get different page load speed for the same website. This because some tools measure the time it takes for a page to fully load on a web browser, while others (eg Pingdom) measure the time it takes for the above the fold content to be visible.
Page Load Speed Stats in 2022
93% of people have left because a website didn’t load quickly enough (source: hubspot.com).
- 70% of online shoppers’ decision to purchase is affected by the page load speed (source: unbounce.com)
- 88.5% say slow loading pages as the main reason why they would leave a website (source: review42.com)
- A single second of added page load speed can cause sales drop by 27% (source: sagipl.com)
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load (source: hubspot.com)
- Websites that load slowly lead to a $2.6 billion loss in revenue every year (source: techjury.net)
- Cutting down your website load speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost your conversion rate by up to 74% (source: techjury.net)
- 38% of users will not visit your website again if the pictures are not loading, the content is too long, and it takes too much time to load (source: techjury.net)
- Losses per year due to a slow-loading website – $2.6 billion (source: invisionapp.com)
Page Load Speed Stats in 2022: Sources