Optimise your Shopify blog posts – In this article I am going to show you how you can optimise your Shopify blog posts to drive traffic to your website.
You will also learn what a blog is and why blogging is important for SEO.
If you want to learn more about the SEO basics for Shopify, make sure you check my other articles:
If you need help with blogging or your don’t know how to optimise your Shopify blog posts, feel free to check our Shopify SEO agency services.
A blog is a website, or a section of a website, typically in the format of a journal with articles, known as ‘posts’, structured in chronological order.
Technically there is no difference between a web page and a blog, which is also a web page. Conventionally, there are a number of differences between a blog and a web page.
A few visible differences are the date, author and often category and tags meta data that a blog displays, while a page does not.
Another conventional difference is the publishing order: chronological for a blog, non-chronological or non-sequential for a web page.
Blog posts generally allow visitors to post a comment at the bottom of the article, while pages generally don’t support this feature.
Finally, a blog post might conventionally include the date in the URL, while a page most likely does not.
A blog is important for SEO and for improving ranking and visibility for your website because:
To get more visibility and traffic, you will need to optimise your Shopify blog posts.
Yes, any Shopify store comes with a blog feature called news. However, you will have to optimise your Shopify blog posts to get more visibility and traffic.
To write a blog post from your Shopify blog:
To optmise your Shopify blog posts you need to cover the basics:
- This is the title of your blog post
- This is the content of your blog post
- The excerpt is a brief summary of your blog post
- This is where you will enter your SEO title and description, which will be visible on search engines. This is very important to optimise your Shopify blog posts
- Here you can select the author of the blog (useful if you have more than one writer) and the blog (in Shopify you can add more blogs in addition to the standard News one)
- Tags are a way to categorise your blog posts and link them to each other. For example, if your blog post is about a special offer, you can use the tag ‘special offer’
- This is where you will add the feature image, which is the image displayed on the main blog page
- Finally, don’t forget to switch to ‘Visible‘ before hitting ‘Save‘
Best practices you can follow to optimise your Shopify blog posts (source: support.google.com):