How to Add Google Analytics to Shopify, Updated 11th August 2020 – In this article I show you how to add Google Analytics to your Shopify store.
First, I give a brief description of what Google Analytics. I then show you how to check whether Google Analytics is already installed on your website or not.
If it’s not installed, I give you detailed instructions on how to install the tracking code.
Google Analytics is key to tracking and monitoring traffic data from your visitors. It’s also critical to measure the success of any SEO strategy.
In general, it’s a very important tool for any digital marketing strategy. For this reason, knowing how to add Google Analytics to Shopify is key for the success of your online marketing efforts.
If you are interested in SEO for your Shopify store, make sure you also check my other articles:
- Optimise Shopify Page Title and Description
- How to Add Shopify Alt Tags to Theme Images
- How to Add Alt Tags to Shopify Product Images
- How to Add Google Analytics to Shopify
- How to Add SEO Headings in Shopify
- How to Optimise Your Shopify Site Structure
- How to Edit Shopify Robots.txt File
- How to Find and Submit Your Shopify Sitemap
- How to Verify Your Shopify Store with Google
- How to Create a Redirect in Shopify
- Duplicate Content and Shopify
- Link Building and Shopify
- How to Compress Images on Shopify
- How to Improve Shopify Page Load Speed
- Optimise Your Shopify Blog Posts
- How to Backup Your Shopify Store
- Enable AMP in Shopify
If you need help with increasing traffic, visibility and direct sales for your store, feel free to check our Shopify SEO services.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free tool by Google that allows your to track and monitor data about the traffic and visitors to your website.
Examples of data you can track in Google Analytics are:
- Number of visitors
- Traffic sources
- Number of sales
- Number of visits from mobile
- Etc etc
How to Create a Google Analytics Account
To create a Google Analytics account:
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Click ‘Start for free’
- Set up a property
- Install the tracking code on your website
How to Add Google Analytics to Shopify
To add Google Analytics to Shopify:
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences
- Find the Google Analytics section and paste your tracking code here
If you see a code beginning with UA- instead, chances are you already have Google Analytics tracking code installed.