Optimise Your Shopify Site Structure in 2021 – In this article I am going to explain how to optimise your Shopify site structure.
You will learn what a site structure is, how Shopify stores are structure and what you can to to optimise it.
If you want to learn the basics of Shopify SEO, make sure you check my other articles:
- Optimise Shopify Page Title and Description
- How to Add Alt Tags to Shopify Theme Images
- How to Add Alt Tags to Shopify Product Images
- How to Add Google Analytics to Shopify
- How to Add H1-H6 Headings in Shopify
- How to Edit Shopify Robots.txt File
- How to Find and Submit Your Shopify Sitemap
- How to Verify Your Shopify Store with Google
- How to Create a Redirect in Shopify
- Duplicate Content and Shopify
- Link Building and Shopify
- How to Improve Shopify Page Load Speed
- Optimise Your Shopify Blog Posts
- How to Backup Your Shopify Store
- Enable AMP in Shopify
If you need help with increasing your Google rankings for your store, make sure you check our affordable Shopify SEO services.
What is a Site Structure?
The site structure is the way your website is structured and broken down into pages. A typical structure for a brochure website, or a website that doesn’t include any ecommerce functionality, would include the following pages: Home, About, Services, Blog, Contact.
What is the Typical Shopify Site Structure?
The typical structure for a Shopify store would include pages like [Product] Categories and Products. This because the site structure for an ecommerce website is generally different from the structure for a brochure one.
How to Optimise Your Shopify Site Structure
Your Shopify store comes with a structure that is already optimised for SEO. This means your Shopify site structure:
- Follows a logical hierarchy
- Doesn’t use iframes (HTML pages within HTML pages)
- Uses simple and readable URLs
Shopify Site Structure Best Practices
When adding new pages to your store, you need to make sure:
- Each new page has a link (or sublink) in your store main navigation
- Pages are no more than 3 clicks away from the homepage
- Pages are structured in a logical sense